Saturday, December 01, 2007

Tis the first day of Advent...

and I have finished some Christmas knitting. I can show pictures of some since those people have already received the present or don't read the blog.These scarves are knit with Wool-Ease thick and quick on #13 needles. They are for 2 nephews.

This is a scarf and hat set for a big family christmas party. They are Wool-Ease and a basic pattern. I hope they are well liked.

Now for non-Christmas things. I have been working on a pair of socks for N using some Regia sock yarn I got on clearance. I think they will be a matching pair, but I am not certain yet.

Here is where I am on the Cherry Blossom shawl. I haven't work on it in a LONG time. I find it boring, but I do want to finish it as I haven't done a circular shawl yet.
I started on a basic cardigan after trying to follow a pattern that called for a Swiss Check pattern. With the color choice I had made (un-dyed for the main color, taupe and sky for the other colors), the sweater started to look like blue and tan stars. I ripped it out and started creating a pattern using the Handy Book of Sweaters as a guide. This is the KnitPicks Wool of the Andes bulky weight yarn.
I also found time to knit the first swatch on the Spring Shawl Suprice project. I am using KnitPicks bare laceweight and size 3.0mm needles.

No comments: