Sunday, April 29, 2007

5 days until MS&W

I have been working on the Rosebud shawl. I got the center done and picked up all the stitches around the edge. It looks like a pouch of dental floss, but I am progressing. I have done 14 rows out of about 92 for the borders. Then there is the edging that will probably take forever. I started the borders with 117 stitches per side!!!
I have also done some work on the current SIP. I had to get some work done on my car, so that provided me with about 1 hours of unterrupted knitting time for these. This pair is actually for me and not a gift.
I also got to do some spinning. Last weekend I got some more done on the Wool/Silk blend. After letting the singles rest about a week, I plied what I could and discovered that I did not have the same yardage of singles on the 2 bobbins, so I have to spin some more single then I can finish this and find out what yardage I have. I really want to spin some of the other wool I have already and I am planning on buying some more at Maryland Sheep and Wool. I only have 4 bobbins right now, but The Woolery is currently having a sale and bobbins are 15% off, so I just ordered 4 more. (This is the same store I bought the wheel from and I had great service on that order).
In non-knitting news, there are only 2 more practices before the first Irish dance competition of the year. I am a little worried, but keep reminding myself that this is just for the kicks and giggles, my life does not depend on me winning (just not getting hurt). There are also only 6 ballet classes before our recital.

No comments: