Friday, August 25, 2006

Still knitting

I have no new pictures yet, but I have started the edging of the Mystery Stole 2. I think I did the cast-on a little tight, so I will be ripping out the 8 rows of edging I have done and hold a sock needle with the main needle to cast-on the 24 needed stitches. I did run a life-line in the last row of stitches before beginning the edge, so I can just Pull the needle out of those stitches.

I discovered that "A Wool Gathering" is coming up at Young's Diary (http://my.voyager.net/~nfisher/). I went last year and had tons of fun. This year I think I will look at hand spindles and some wool to try spinning (not that evil class at the gym involving a stationary bike). I have checked out a few books from the library on the subject and started reading, but I think it will make more sense if I have stuff to try it with.

No comments: