Sunday, August 13, 2006

Back from the Beach

We spent a long weekend at East Harbor State Park. I was did not think the sun would affect me very much, so omitted the sunscreen. My face is very red now and I have burned my left hand and some fingers on my right hand. I spent several hours knitting on a sock in the sun on the beach. I finished one my Cape Cod socks using Wendy's fan and feather sock pattern and KnitPicks Sock Landscape in Cape Cod. The yarn is very nice to work with, but is not superwash, so these will have to be hand washed. I hope to finish the next one quickly as I bought some new sock yarn in Marble Head (Interlacements Tiny Toes). I also have to print the MS2 clue 6 and finish that up.

1 comment:

Kish said...

I'm sooo jealous of your vacation. Sounds like you have been really busy knitting. Sorry about the sunburn though. Is it any better? Unfortunately MS2 has me freaked out as it is a larger project. I need to get with you to work on it sometime when I get back on my feet. I look forward to it too, as I am missing our "knitting time". :)