Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Owl Baby Sweater info

The owl baby sweater can be seen here: http://www.pennystraker.com/index.html I purchased it from my LYS. The owls are created with horseshoe cables that are very easy to do without a cable needle. There are only 3 rows with cables to create the owls. The pattern is not very well written so after swatching, but before beginning the sweater I wrote out all of the directions for the size I was making on a piece of paper. My mom knit the matching bonnet and it looks cute on my new nephew.

In other knitting news, I am working the the fibonacci sweater from KnitPicks, it is also not that well written, but a little easier than the owls. I love the yarn and I am using the new KnitPicks options interchangable needles. They have very pointy points, smooth joins and are very much like the Inox needles I love and usually use.

No comments: