Sunday, June 11, 2006

Celtic Dreams is finished

I finished the Celtic Dreams sweater with some modifications.

Pattern: Celtic Dreams by Beth Brown-Reinsel
Pattern Source: Black Water Abby Yarns
Yarn: Jacob Wool Yarn, about 12 oz or 900 yds
Yarn Source: Ohio Valley Natural Fibers
Knitting time: about 6 months
Modifications: I shortened the sweater and the sleeves and made the skirt pattern continuous on the body and repeated on the sleeves.

Since I finished an item I got to start something else. I have chosen the Icarus Shawl from Interweave knits to keep me busy until the Mystery Stole 2 starts in July. I am using KnitPicks Alpaca Cloud for the Icarus shawl and it is wonderful to knit with. For the Mystery Stole I ordered Zephyr in a mushroom color from WEBS (www.yarn.com).

5 comments:

Kish said...

That looks really awesome! I like all the modifications you did. It fits you so perfectly.

Kish said...

The legwarmers have been frogged down to the heel and restarted, but I am thinking they will be knee length. I would love to go yarn shopping :). I am just keeping track to see how long between purchases I can go. For the stashalong, you are allowed one day off a month, and I haven't had my June day off yet.

smug sheep said...

Thanks for checking on my lace progress. I confess I haven't progressed after my first burst of enthusiasm, but hopefully will tackle again this weekend. The Icarus pattern looks really elegant, and I look forward to seeing the in-progress photos

Anonymous said...

Oh, this sweater is absolutely gorgeous! The cabling pattern is really awesome, and I love the yarn that you used - and it seems to fit absolutely perfectly! That's a truly elegant piece that you did, congratulations on finishing it!

barbp said...

Your sweater is beautiful. The detail is great and the fit is terrific, eh?

My first time by, oh and your swatch for the shawl looks exquisite.

Happy Knitting.