Tuesday, October 24, 2006

New Project

I got 6 blocks done on the quilt, so I decided I could start a new knitting project. I selected the Rosebud Shawl from Heirloom Knitting. It starts with a knitted cast-on of 117 stitches. I picked up the recommended needles and did the CO and the 4 rows of garter stitch that follow. The edge was WAY too tight, so rip, try with 0.5 mm larger needles, rip after the same amount of knitting, finally I tried 1 mm bigger for the CO edge. I think I finally got the right tension for the edge. I have done several rows of the first chart. The only problem is that the yarn is cobweb weight and I was just knitting with worsted weight and this feels like dental floss. The 117 stitches fit completely on the needle section of my KnitPicks Options needles.

No comments: