Monday, October 16, 2006

FO and Feis

Pattern: Fairfax Fibonacci Sweater
Pattern Source: KnitPicks
Yarn: Andean Silk & Andean Silk Twist
Yarn Source: KnitPicks
Needles: KnitPicks Options size 4 and 6

I do love the feel of this yarn, but there were TONS of ends to weave in. The directions were not written the best, but I did my usual trick of writting them out row by row on a separate piece of paper. It is knit from the top down and has no seams, just tons of ends.

Feis info
There were 4 of us dancing and we collected 14 medals for 18 dances and 2 for vocal. I got a second in slip jig and third in reel, light jig, and hornpipe. My treble jig was atrocious, so obviously I didn't medal in that. We were done dancing in about 1 1/2 hours!!! It was a whirlwind and we didn't have time to even think what the steps were or even practice them. We didn't even get to stretch. But on the whole it was fun and successful and no one got injured.

2 comments:

Kish said...

Great news on the competition!!! I really like the sweater, it turned out very pretty.

smug sheep said...

It was worth the effort on the sweater. The colours and stripes look very balanced and attractive.