Sunday, February 06, 2011

The boy is almost 10 already!

Tomorrow is the boy's birthday and he will be 10. Oy, where does time go? Since the last post I have done quite a bit of knitting. The boy got a Kindle for Christmas and needed a cover for it, so I knit a Griffindor stripped sleeve.
I used scraps of Andean Silk from KnitPicks and just knit in the round with a 3-needle bindoff using both colors.

I also have finished up the Henley with a Twist by KnitSpot. I used hand-spun merino for this. I love the fit and the pattern was easy to follow and very easy to sew up.Last summer I sewed up some block for a Warm-Up-America afghan that my church knitting group had created. This was just a horrid mess of colors and an assault on the eyes, so I decided to crochet a complete afghan that matched. I am using Vanna's Choice yarn and will add 2 more colors to these:
Each block is 7" x 9" and there will be 49 total for the afghan. This is one of 4 works in progress.

I have a sock that is on-going, a sweater for Darin, and I joined the In Dreams mystery KAL. This is a shawl pattern in a series from the Lord of the Rings series by Sunflower Designs. Here is my swatch-
I am using Valley Yarns 2/14 Alpaca silk in Sienna and copper lined crystal beads from the Beadwrangler. The pattern calls for 5000 beads and 1260 yds of laceweight yarn. I didn't have the copper lined beads when I did the swatch so what you see there is silver lined crystal on the left and clear crystal on the right. I have started clue 1, but I need to spend time working on Darin's sweater as well. He sat with me at the computer and selected the pattern and yarn for this one:I am using KnitPicks Wool of the Andes in the blackberry color and a pattern from Penny Striker. I don't need to follow a chart for the cable pattern any more as they are easy to follow.

No comments: