Sunday, April 06, 2008

Time Flies

I am back after spring break. We went to Florida for 4 days. It was lovely, but I didn't find a single yarn store on the beach. I did a lot of work on the Aran afghan I am working on. After getting home, I got SSS finished. The yarn I used (KnitPicks dye your own lace weight) had a color difference between the 2 balls. I guess you should buy the balls within less than 1 year from each other. To try and hid this color change, I dyed the shawl with black tea (recipe at KnitPicks website). I like the final color, but I am still not really happy with the finished pattern. I really like symmetrical things and this just isn't quite right. So here is a picture of the finished stole.

Pattern: Spring Shawl Surprice, Mother Earth
Yarn: KnitPicks dye your own laceweight, 1 1/2 hanks
Needles: 3.25mm
Finished size: 25" x 77"

The other projects I have been working on are the Amigurumi animals. They are very cute and addictive to make. I had 2 sets to make for some babies that are coming or have already arrived.
For Baby Sanford:
For Baby Amanda:
I also just finished a pair of socks, but the picture is on the other camera that I can't operate.

1 comment:

smug sheep said...

Love the animals; they're super cute!