Sunday, October 28, 2007

Handspun to Handknit

Nathaniel's alligator scarf is finished. This is a kit from Morehouse Merino. It was tons of fun to knit and a neat way of making the bumps. I hope he enjoys it this winter and doesn't loose it. I don't think it would be long enough for an adult, but it can be lengthened or use a larger needle size.
I finished spinning the rust colored wool from MS&W. Here are the singles:

And here is the 2-ply. I got about 560 yds at 12.5 wpi and 3 twists per inch.
I decided that the best thing to make would be mittens and then either a hat or scarf. Here are the mittens. I used 3mm needles, a basic mitten pattern and only about 150 yds of the wool.
Then I decided to make the Faina's scarf (Fiber Trends pattern). This is what I have so far. I am not going to do the fringe since I am a little short on yardage and I am not really a fringe person.

1 comment:

smug sheep said...

I love the alligator - I've seen those kits advertised in magazines, but this is the first one I've seen finished