Thursday, May 25, 2006

And now on to sleeve island.

After a week of tons of knitting, I have finished the body of the celtic dreams sweater. I modified the pattern a bit to make it shorter. I will post a picture this weekend. Now I have to write out the pattern for the sleeves and get started. There might be a few problems since the pattern says the sleeves are 19 inches long from the shoulder. Either I have freeky long arms or I am measuring and counting wrong- 19" from my should is only a 3/4 length sleeve. The sleeves are knit from the top down, so I will need to get everything written out to verify length before starting. I am not a fan of doing that much math before knitting something. Maybe I will just stop and call it a sweater vest instead.

3 comments:

Kish said...

Rest assured you don't have freaky long arms :). Mine are like 23 inches from the shoulder to my wrist (or somewhat close to that). I like the idea of shortening it just a bit. I am anxious to see it!

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed with your site, very nice graphics!
»

Anonymous said...

Nice colors. Keep up the good work. thnx!
»